Wait, a second post in one day? No way! I had a little creative time yesterday and made this art journal page and loved it too much to not share right away! I realized the other day that I hadn't added a new page in my art journal in several weeks. I had been so busy working on assignments and teaching things that I hadn't squeezed in any time for creating "just because". Yesterday I found a little time and sat down and spent some time creating just for the sake of creating. That always feels so good!
Since I first began blogging I have used the phrase "What I make with my hands I give with my heart" as my personal creative motto. It only seemed right that the phrase should be included on a page for my art journal. I have wanted to include it for a while but couldn't find a hand image that felt right. Once I spotted this hand stamp from Tim Holtz I knew that I finally had the image I needed to make the page.
I chose patterned paper by Studio Calico that I received in last month's Nappa Valley kit.
I used a chipboard frame and insert by Maya Road. I covered the outer frame with paper, sanded, inked, and then coated it in Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. I covered the insert with a scrap of paper from BasicGrey's Basics collection and then stamped my phrase using my single wood mount letter stamps. I have been using those stamps on each page of the art journal project to be a unifying element to all of the pages.
I embellished the framed phrase with Prima flowers from my stash (I think these are all discontinued styles), a Maya Road stick pin, and a paper butterfly by Making Memories. The bit of hand dyed crinkled seam binding is looped around the page and tied to the card.
The paper with the text is double sided. I really loved the pattern on the back so I curled it down so that a hint of the pattern would be visible on the page. To soften the text I added a layer of vellum over the top of it.
The hand image is stamped on a piece of pattern paper by Sassafras. The paper has a great canvas fabric texture to it. I found the pink glittered heart in my stash, it was from Scrapworks (I think). I adhered the heart to the hand using my Tiny Attacher. Every piece included in the page was inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
I have been getting lots of positive feedback on the way I included supplies on the Happiness Project posts so I plan to keep adding them that way to each project post. I hope it helps you to see what I have used .
- Patterned Paper: Peloton and Ascot (Studio Calico); Brun Antique Dictionary and Sienne Floral Dot (Making Memories); Alterations (Sassafras); Basics Manila 6×6 Paper Pad (BasicGrey), Vellum (Bazzill)
- Stamps: Oddities (Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous); alphabet (unknown)
- Flowers: Homespun Bittles (Prima) and unknown fuzzy flowers (Prima)
- Ink/Paint: Ranger Archival, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint
- Embellishments: Vintage Trinket Pearl Stick Pin (Maya Road); Mini Clip and Tiny Attacher Staples (Tim Holtz Idealogy); Paper Butterfly (Making Memories)
- Chipboard: Ornate Tags (Maya Road); Glittered Heart (Scrapworks)
- Ribbon: Hand Dyed Crinkled Seam Binding
- Adhesives: Therm O Web SuperStick and Helmar 450 Quick Dry