Today I am sharing a little more details about the Home card from my library drawer Happiness Project. This section will have cards about things in and around my house and anything about my house that makes it a home and a reflection of our family. Since I gave the garden and vintage their own sections, this one may be a little more of a challenge since those are two elements of my house that I especially love. I think it will be a fun challenge to look beyond the garden and the vintage decor to find things about this little yellow bungalow that make me happy. Maybe I will even look at the bigger picture and think more about what "HOME" itself means to me. We'll see where the art takes me on this one.
For this card, I used another of the Crafty Secrets Creative Scraps. This card was already in color with a cluster of Forget-Me-Nots and the word "remembrance". I didn't want the word to show so I placed my typewritten journaling strip so that it would cover it.
As with almost all of the other cards, I included a flower and a leaf trinket pin. I like the unity it brings to all of the cards to have a few similar elements repeat through each card.
Under the journaling card, I placed a strip of lace from Websters Pages. I love this lace, it is so vintagey looking and the perfect shade of blue. I dabbed a little Walnut Stain Distress Ink on it with the Ink Applicator Tool to give it a little bit of age.
I added a few Mini Pins to each end of the lace to make it look as though it was pinned to the card.
The Prima butterflies are really a great item to have in your stash. They come in colors, but I prefer the white ones because you can easily colorize the paper wings with ink to match any project. I brushed a bit of Stormy Sky Distress Ink on this one and then brushed the edges with Walnut Stain.
I have a post for Glitz tomorrow (gasp, a LAYOUT!) and then will be back to the Happiness Project day after tomorrow with the family card. I hope you will stop by again to take a peek!
- 7gypsies Conservatory patterned paper: Flora, Feather, Aviary
- Crafty Secrets Vintage Photos Double Sided Creative Scraps
- Maya Road Vintage Trinket Pins: Green Leaf
- Webster's Pages Scrapbooking Ribbon: Dusty Blue
- Prima Marketing flowers
- Prima Marketing Butterflies: Papillon (inked with Stormy Sky Distress Ink)
- Making Memories Tiny Alpha Stickers
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Pins
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Walnut Stain
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Stormy Sky
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
- Tim Holtz Tonic Paper Distresser
- Therm O Web Mounting Adhesive Sheets (covering the cards with paper)
- Helmar 450 Quick Dry (for all embellishments)