"Words are the voice of the heart". -Confucius
Isn't that such a great quote? I love good quotes- ones that make you have those light bulb moments or ones that say what is in your heart when you can't find the words yourself. Sometimes it is almost as if a really great quotes find you and whisper in your ear what you need to hear, sometimes even before you even know you need to hear it. That love of words (from the girl who once dreamed of being a writer) explains what the "words" section is all about. It is about celebrating words by others that speak to me and my heart, quotes or phrases I happen to stumble upon that make me smile and move me.
I really love this Jenni Bowlin alphabet card. It is so classic and vintage looking. I am sure it must be based on a real vintage card she has found. (Have I mentioned how much I adore Jenni's vintage treasures and style?) The second card is from the 7g ephemera collection. I love when two random bits from different brands go together like they were made for each other.
I layered two different small Prima flowers on top of a Jilly Bean Soup Corrugated Shape. I added a scrap of ribbon and a Tim Holtz Trinket pin to hold my journaling strip. On this card especially, the words being typed on my old typewriter seem especially appropriate. It was this typewriter that as a kid I dreamed I would write a great novel on. I laugh when I think about that now. Can you imagine typing a whole novel on a small portable manual non-electric typewriter?
I always like to "attach" my pieces to the cards in some way. I don't like them floating. I want to look at the card and have it make sense that the objects are on in and staying in place.
Okay, next up tomorrow, songs!
- 7gypsies Conservatory patterned paper: Butterfly, Aviary
- 7gypsies Mini Gypsies Ephemera Cards
- Jenni Bowlin Family Tree Journaling Cards
- Prima Marketing flowers
- Jillibean Soup Pasta Fagioli Corrugated Shapes
- Making Memories Tiny Alpha Stickers
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Trimmings (colored with Glimmer Mist)
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Memo Pin
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Clips
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Walnut Stain
- Tim Holtz Tonic Paper Distresser
- Therm O Web Mounting Adhesive Sheets (covering the cards with paper)
- Helmar 450 Quick Dry (for all embellishments)