Wow, what a crazy busy week! I finally finished off all of my CHA samples and got them shipped and then dove right into preparing class kits for my classes this weekend at The Scrapbooking Studio in Moline, Illinois. It is going to be a cold and snowy weekend in Illinois so if you are in the area and looking for a warm place to hang out and have some creative time, come on by!
Before I pack up and head out I wanted to share the second frame I made for Therm O Web's booth. As I mentioned before, they have a fun new product coming out that I think everyone is going to want and need in their crafty tool box. I am really excited about it and I think others will be too!
For this frame, I used another of my Hobby Lobby clearance aisle finds and recovered the front and added embellishments. The beauty of using these pre-painted frames is that the hard work of painting the sides and backs is already done.
I took a piece of Claudine Hellmuth Studio Sticky Back Canvas and cut it to fit my frame front. I brushed over the surface with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet Distress Ink with a Ranger Ink Blending Tool. After I applied the Sticky Back Canvas to my frame, I brushed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I love how easily you can add color to Sticky Back Canvas by just brushing over it with ink.
I used a piece of patterned paper by Studio Calico (Swatch from the Metropolitan kit) to create a "grassy" area. I stitched around the edges and applied it to my frame front.
I sewed a scrap piece of ribbon onto a scrap piece of ribbon (BasicGrey) and added two velvet leaves (Prima) to create a flower stem. I adhered the ribbon to the frame with Super Tape.
I placed assorted bling stones and pearls around the base of the stem on top of circles in the paper pattern.
I covered chipboard letters (BasicGrey) with blue patterned paper (Glitz Desin). I added a bit of Black Soot Distress Ink to the edges of the letters and then covered them with Glossy Accents. Once the letters were dry, I used Super Tape to adhere them to the frame.
I used 3D Adhesive Foam Squares to adhere a chip flower (Pebbles Ink). I added a Stitched Brad (BasicGrey) on top of a fabric Bloomer (BasicGrey) and placed the assembled piece on top of the chip flower.
I added crystals to the top of the brad and under the flower petals.
Okay, it is time for me to finish up class kits and pack my bags. I have a date with the highway and my Glee playlist bright and early. Don't forget, if you are in the Moline area this weekend, be sure to stop in and say hi! Even if you can't make the class I would love to meet you!