For my second project this month at Sketch Support, I did a second project from the one page sketch, this time creating an embellished photo frame.
To create this photo frame, I adapted the sketch by omitting the individual photo blocks and using the frame opening instead for on photo area. I also widened the center band (the camera paper) so that there would be a full row of cameras above and below the photo opening. I really love this camera paper and wanted to include as much of it as I could.
Rather than add a title, I used a sticker with a phrase that I liked and combined all of the elements into one cluster.
I layered the sticker with a journaling spot, a corrugated flower, and another journaling spot to add extra dimension on the otherwise flat surface.
I trimmed a border strip from the corrugated alphabet and used it under a row of twine to the row of twine be more prominent and to help bring it off of the surface of the frame.
I used the base of the white paperboard frame for what would have been the base paper in the sketch. I added Distress Ink to the edges of it just as if it were a piece of paper from the layout.
I have been mad at work on new art journal pages using some fun new things, well new to me, but fun just the same. I plan to start sharing them tomorrow, I hope you will stop back by to see them!
- frame: Creative Imaginations Bare Elements
- patterned paper: Jillibean Soup Fasta Fagioli: Italian Seasoning; Jillibean Soup Patterned Paper on Kraft Chilled Strawberry Soup Collection: Whipped Cream
- stickers: Jillibean Soup Cardstock Stickers: Chilled Strawberry Soup
- elements: Jillibean Soup Corrugated Shapes: Flowers; Jillibean Soup Corrugated Alphas: Blue (strip from border around alphas); Jillibean Soup Journaling Sprouts
- fiber: Jillibean Soup Bean Stalks
- brads: 7gypsies
- ink: Vintage Photo Distress Ink