My poor blog, I feel like it has been so neglected! I have been so busy working on things that I can’t share, prepping for classes, house stuff, life stuff, etc. In the flurry of it all, I have been trying to carve out a little time to just stamp and color a bit. I love how simply sitting and coloring in stamped images takes me back to being a kid with a coloring book and a fresh box of crayons.
I have been creating cards with my stamping and coloring and for a self professed “non-cardmaker”, I am really enjoying making them. For this card I used stamps by Suzanne Carillo for Art Gone Wild.
I stamped two images of the heart (Love Squared) and layered them together to create some depth.
I used the Fun Notebook stamp to create a journaling square behind the heart and added the One & Only phrase stamp for the sentiment.
I added a quick mist of Glimmer Mist (S.W.A.K.) to the card blank and then stamped the Promise Flourish directly on the card. I stamped the fourish while the mist was still a little wet so I got a bit of fuzzing in the image. I actually like the effect though so I decided to keep it.
- stamps: Suzanne Carillo for Art Gone Wild: One & Only, Promise Flourish, Fun Notebook, and Love Squared
- ink: Ranger Ink Jet Black Archival; Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- mist: Glimmer Mist “S.W.A.K.”
- markers: assorted colors Letraset Promarkers
- embellishments: Mini Paper Clip Tim Holtz Idea-ology