I thought it would be fun to add another weekly feature called Sunday Stamping. I intend to share projects, mostly tags and cards that feature stamping as the focus. The first one today is one that I am super pleased with. I started out with just a couple of stamps on my table that I knew I wanted to use but with no real direction. I just decided to experiment and make it up as I went.
I created the background by inking different sections of a large background stamp with different colors of Ranger’s Archival Ink. After stamping the image, I used an ink blending tool and the same inks to blend and soften the image.
To tone the color down and soften it, I applied Picket Fence Distress Stain in long streaks from the top of my tag to the bottom. I used my heat gun to dry the tag. I added Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges of the tag. To stamp the background text, I made random swipes on the large text stamp with Walnut Stain Distress Stain. I love the way it stamped with the text fading in and out. I added my phrase with my favorite letter stamps.
I embellished the tag with some of my all time favorite Prima flowers and leaves from my crafty stash. These leaves are hands down my most favorite leaves ever. I believe they are discontinued from Prima which is a shame because they are gorgeous. Sadly, I believe the flowers are also discontinued.
I really love the way adding the different colors on the stamp created a blended look on my tag.
I added a few spritzes of Perfect Pearls Mist along the upper left and lower right corner.
I love wire stems that I can bend and twist. The leaves that I used have a nice long brown stem. I thought it would look cool to make look like it was curling around the tag hole. I think adding stems like this really help anchor a flower and leaf cluster and add a bit realism.
- paper- Ranger Inkssentials Surfaces #8 Manila Tag
- stamps- Hero Arts Classic Fabric Design, Friend Definition, Playful Flowers Letters and Printer’s Type Lowercase
- embellishments- Prima Marketing Cloissone Flowers and Jewel Box Leaves: Tiffany
- ink- Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Chrome Yellow, French Ultramarine, Sap Green; Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Vintage Photo
- mists- Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist: Mint
- stains- Tim Holtz Distress Stain: Picket Fence and Walnut Stain
- fibers- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Trimmings (ribbon)
- tools- Ranger Ink Blending Tool, Craft Sheet, and Heat It Craft Tool
- adhesives- Therm O Web Super Tape and 3D Zots