Happy Sunday everyone! I am checking in for this week’s Sunday Stamping with a tag featuring a favorite stamp set by Wendy Vecchi.
I began this tag by misting it with Bonny Blue Mister Huey’s over a Crafter’s Workshop 6×6 Spirographica stencil. I misted some branches from the Birds of a Feather 6×6 stencil along the top left using Bluegrass Mister Huey’s.
I then stamped over the stenciled background with the cluster of stars stamp from the Celestial Art stamp set using Dried Marigold Distress Ink. While the Distress Ink was still wet, I added clear embossing powder. After heating the embossing powder, I misted the cluster of stars using Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls Mist.
I stamped the stars again on a scrap piece of paper using Spiced Marmalade. I cut the star out and the clear embossed it. I misted it with the Perfect Pearls Mist. The mist puddles a bit on top of the embossed surface. I heated the puddles with a Heat It Craft Tool to dry them. To accent the background stars, I used a fine tip black pen to outline them along the embossed edge.
I added a strip of Kraft Glassine with a phrase stamped on it to the lower part of the tag. I colored a torn scrap piece of paper with Peeled Paint Distress Stain. After inking the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, I adhered it to the lower left corner, overlapping onto the Kraft Glassine. I adhered the stem of the single star using a glue stick. To lift the star up off of the surface, I used a 3D Zot.
(Quick tip- I love using 3D Zots to raise elements off of the surface. They are clear and a little less noticeable than foam squares. I prefer the Zots in the Singles packs because each Zot has a piece of clear plastic on the top and bottom of the Zot. I use my non-stick Tim Holtz scissors to cut the Zot through the plastic liners to the size I want. I save the other partial pieces for other projects.)
I was really loving the embossing powder so I decided to use a Perfect Pen to add a few accents to the tag. I drew lines of ink over some of the stencil lines and along some of the edges of the tag. I then added clear embossing powder over the ink and melted it.
I also edged all of the sides of the tags with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
At the top of the tag, I ended up with a heavy spot of ink that I really didn’t like. To fix it, I tore the top off of another tag (that was in my ugly pile), inked the edges with Walnut Stain, and then glued it to the top of my tag. I really like that I was able to salvage a bit of a tag that had some great coloring on it and also cover up a boo-boo on the tag I was making.
Although I ended up coloring most of it, there is an awesome grid pattern from the stamp set stamped on the lower part of the tag with Peeled Paint Distress Stain.