One thing that I have loved most about my Sunday Stamping challenge is that when I start I don’t have a clear goal of where I want to end up. I just go around my room and pull out things that I want to work with and go from there. This week’s tag is no exception. I started out with a set of Tim Holtz stamps and a Crafter’s Workshop template that I have been itching to use and went from there.
I began by misting my tag with the Chicken Wire stencil and Lemonade Mister Huey’s mist. I love how subtle the color and design turned out on the manila tag. Next I added stamping in Olive Archival ink.
After stamping my leaf design, I added a layer of dates/numbers using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I used an ink blending tool to add Library Green Archival ink to the edges. Because the ribbon I planned to use was a mix of green and purple, I used a bit of Deep Purple Archival Ink in a few spots along the edges. I finished off all of the edges with a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Next, I accented some of the leaves and stems with Star Dust Stickles and Glossy Accents.
Once both were dry, I stamped the butterfly in Monarch Orange Archival Ink. I used a wet paint brush to pick up a bit of color from the Saffron and Venetian Orange ink pads. I brushed the colors on in my stamped design. I also used a wet brush to add some pink accents to the flowers with Rose Madder Archival Ink.
I added a phrase by stamping on a piece of glassine paper (from a sack) with Library Green Archival Ink. I tore the edges against a ruler for a straight edge and brushed on a bit of Vintage Photo. I folded the strip around to the back of the tag and adhered it on the back with adhesive. I secured it on the front with a staple.