I feel bad. . . I totally skipped this week’s Tuesday Tutorial. I am STILL dealing with this cold and STILL have a bad toad voice. It is going on three weeks. I am personally done with it, but it seems it isn’t done with me. I really feel that the UTEE Shrink pendants need to be shown in a video, so unfortunately, until I can talk clearly, I am going to have to table that tutorial for another week (fingers crossed).
In the mean time, I am sharing another tag that I have been saving for a bit. This tag was a sample at the Ranger Ink book at CHA Summer. I haven’t blogged many of those projects and have been saving them as fill ins here and there when I have a lazy week.
For this tag, I began with a plain manila #8 tag. I applied a heavy application of Picket Fence Distress Stain to the entire tag. While it was wet, I crinkled and bent it a bit to create some cracks in the surface. After drying the tag, I inked the edges of the tag with Vintage Photo Distress Ink using an ink blending tool.
Next, I stamped the large eye chart image from the Tim Holtz Oddities stamp set using Jet Black Archival Ink. I really love how stamping over the Picket Fence Stain gives the stamped image a softer look. It is still sharp but looks aged and faded.
After drying the tag, I misted with Biscotti Perfect Pearls and then dried it again with my heat tool.
To embellish the tag, I used some twill tag letters that I have had in my stash for several years. I believe they were made by Adorn It (Carolee’s Creations). They would be very simple to make using stamps and wide twill. The tags were a plain off white. I misted them with water and and then a dabbed on a bit of Victorian Velvet Distress Stain. After drying the tags, I lightly tapped them with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to add a bit of age to them. I adhered the letters to the tag with Zots.
I wrapped Trimmings ribbon that I dyed using Victorian Velvet and Bundled Sage Distress Stains around the tag covering the top of the fabric letter tags. To dye the ribbon, I misted it with water, tapped on Distress Stain, wrinkled it up and then dried it. After drying I tapped on some Vintage Photo Distress Ink with my ink blending tool.
I die cut a heart from red Distress Cardstock. I sanded it lightly and then misted it with Bronze Perfect Peals Mist. After drying the heart, I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges and tucked it under the ribbon. I secured it with a adhesive foam square on the back. I cut a small flag from a scrap of vintage ledger paper and stamped the word “totally” on it. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and pinned it to the knot of my ribbon.
I stamped the eye from the Oddities stamp set on a piece of shrink film. I stamped the image on the front of the film using black Staz On ink. I colored the back the image on the film with Copic Markers. I cut the stamped image out and shrunk it using my heat tool. After it cooled, I clipped it in place with the round top of the memo pin.
I love how fun and whimsical this tag turned out. I love that the tag itself looks like it could be cut from a vintage eye chart. The products I used really combined to give a very vintage look. I think the combination of embellishments are fun in the way they combine to create a phrase.