I love this tag that I am sharing today because it shows one of my favorite inking techniques, tone on tone inking. I love how you can use one ink for different steps and get different shades that look like they would be from different ink pads.
This tag began with a #8 manila tag. I covered the tag with a piece of light yellow vintage ledger paper.
I used my ink blending tool to apply Spiced Marmalade Distress ink over the tag, applying it heavier around the edges and lighter in the center. I inked up the text stamp from the Curiosities stamp set and stamped it randomly over the tag. Next I stamped the large ornate scroll design from the Floral Tattoo stamp set in the lower right corner and randomly along the edges with Coffee Archival Ink. I misted the entire surface with Bronze Perfect Pearls Mist.
I tore a strip of a scrap piece of cardstock into a strip wide enough to go across my tag and tall enough to stamp a phrase on. I swiped some random color on it with Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain. After drying the strip with my heat too, I brushed Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink on the edges with my ink blending tool. I stamped the phrase using Coffee Archival Ink along the left edge of the strip. I adhere the strip, wrapping the excess length around to the back of the tag. I added a line of sewing for a bit of visual interest.
The green ribbon I wanted to use was a big brighter than I wanted so I covered it with Picket Fence Distress Stain. I misted it with water to blend it a bit and then crinkled and dried it. I stamped over the dry ribbon with the brown ink on my brown ink applicator pad. (I keep a tool with a foam on it for each color family so that I don’t have to change out the pads on the handles to switch colors while I am working.) I wrapped the green seam binding and some orange bakers twine around the stem of a cluster of stars.
I place a Trinket Pin through the knot if the ribbon. I create two charms from shrink plastic. To create them, I stamped images onto the smooth side of shrink plastic with black StazOn ink. I colored the back of the pieces with alcohol ink based markers (I used both Copics and Letraset ProMarkers.) I cut the pieces out, punched holes for jump rings, and then shrunk the pieces using my heat tool.
After shrinking, I added jump rings to each charm and added them to the Trinket Pin. I truly love the final result of this tag. I love the monochromatic scheme with the little bit of punch from the green.
Vintage ledger paper or ledger paper style pattern paper.