I know, you can’t really call it Sunday Stamping if you don’t post it on Sunday. Time got away from me yesterday before I could post this tag. I really love this tag and love the versatility of Distress Stains that it demonstrates.
The base of the tag was colored by adding swipes of Brushed Corduroy and Tumbled Glass Distress Stains to a manila tag. After drying the stain with my heat tool, I added swipes of Picket Fence Distress Stain over a majority of the tag, with the exception of the side and top edges. After drying the tag again, I stamped the text stamp from the Papillon stamp set using Coffee Archival Ink. I also used the scratch design from the Slight Alterations stamp set along the edges in a few places. I brushed the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. Finally, I gave the entire surface of the tag a generous misting of Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist. I blotted away the excess and dried it with my heat tool.
I used pre-made fabric flowers by Prima to embellish my tag. To add color to the white flowers, I misted them with water, and then dabbed on Victorian Velvet Distress Stain onto the wet fabric. I misted the fabric flowers with water again until the color blended how I wanted it. I used a damp cloth to blot away excess moisture. To color the white stamens, I held the petals out of the way so that I could lay the stamen portion of the flower on my craft sheet. I misted them with water and then applied Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain on them. I added a bit more water until the color was blended and then blotted them with a dry cloth. Once both portions were colored and blotted, I carefully dried them with my heat tool. (Note- You have to use care using the heat tool on some pre-made flowers since most are assembled with glue that will melt with heat.)
I used white pearly pre-made leaves from Prima. To color them, I simply brushed them with Bundled Sage Distress Stain. I allowed them to air dry. I also colored pre-made white glitter stars from Prima using Broken China Distress Stain. I also allowed those to air dry.
I used Bundled Sage Distress Ink to add color to the white paper wrapped wire stems from the leaves. The stems of the stars is wire with a white foamy texture. I dabbed on Brushed Corduroy Distress Stain on them. I added a small scrap of Trimmings Ribbon colored with Broken China Distress Stain and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
I stamped one of the larger butterflies from the stamp set onto white cardstock using Coffee Archival Ink. I dabbed the stamped image with Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain. I misted the butterfly with Bronze Perfect Pearls Mist. After drying the stamped image, I cut it out. I brushed the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to color the white cardstock edges.
I used a small scrap of green paddle wire to add antennae to the butterfly, attaching the wire to the back of the image using a small piece of Super Tape. I adhered the finished butterfly to the tag using adhesive foam squares.