Happy Sunday everyone! I am still knee deep in CHA prep so I am cheating a bit and posting a tag that didn’t make the cut for the show for today’s Sunday Stamping. I am stamping today, but it is more top secret stuff! By the way, if you haven’t checked out Tim’s post on Sizzix’s new Stamp2Cut, you need to! I have been using it in my studio this week and it is totally amazing! I can’t sing it’s praises enough. If you happen to go to CHA next week, be sure to stop by the Sizzix booth (#949) and let me show you all that it can do in person!
For this week’s tag, I had some fun playing with different colors of Ranger’s Archival Inks. Next to Distress Inks, this collection of inks is my favorite. I love using them with an ink blending tool and applying them to my surface just like I would Distress Inks.
For this tag, I cut a piece of manila cardstock to fit the top portion of my tag. I stamped my script stamp on the piece using Coffee Archival Ink. Next, I stamped the floral design using Jet Black Archival Ink.
I pressed the lid of my selected Archival ink Colors so that the inside of the lid would make contact with the ink pad inside. I used a water brush to pick up the ink off of the inside of the ink pad lid and then brushed it onto my design like a water color paint. I finished of the topper by using an ink blending tool to blend Coffee Archival Ink around the edges. I machine stitched around the edges of the tag topper securing it to the tag below.
On the lower part of the tag, I again used the ink blending tool to color the surface of my tag with Coffee Archival Ink. I inked over the blended tag with a wood grain image stamped in Coffee Archival Ink. I added more Coffee Archival Ink along the edges as well.
For my phrase, I cut a piece of Sticky Back Canvas like a banner. I brushed the surface of it with Rose Madder Archival Ink using an ink blending tool. I brushed the edges directly with the edge of the pad to give them a strong punch of of color. I used Jet Black Archival Ink for the phrase.
I removed the backing on the Sticky Back Canvas only on the portion that would be under the topper, using the adhesive on it to hold it in place. I left the backing on the lower portion of the banner so that it would hang free.