When I say that I had a blast making tags with the new Tim Holtz Sizzix Stamp2Cut cartridges for the eclips machine, I really mean it. I made some of my absolute most favorite tags ever using the eclips and the cartridges. This tag is one of my very, very favorites. This little girlie totally makes me smile.
One of the things that I love about the Stamp2Cut is the ease with which I can cut the same image multiple times so that I can add layers and dimension to my projects. For this tag, I stamped and cut two copies of the background image (the diamond pattern) and three of the girlie.
On the diamond pattern, the dark diamonds in the background are the same parts of the stamp as what you see on top in pink. After stamping and cutting the back piece (cut so that it just cut the outer outline) I applied Peeled Paint Distress Stain. I cut the second diamond image so that it cut away the inner plain diamonds. I applied Tattered Rose Distress Stain to the remaining solid diamonds.
I placed the pink diamonds over the green, matching them up but off setting them slightly. I then misted over both with Mint Perfect Pearls Mist. I dried both pieces and then adhered the green diamond piece to my black tag. I took the pink diamond piece and turned it so that the top of the piece was aligned with the bottom edge of the green diamond piece. This offset the pink diamonds from the green, creating an argyle pattern. I then adhered the pink diamonds in place. I finished the background by machine sewing the edges of the pink diamonds.
The first layer of the girl was an outlined cut of the girl just as she was stamped. I applied Antique Linen Distress Stain to her wings. After drying the stain, I misted the wings with Perfect Pearl Perfect Pearls Mist. I dried the mist and then applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink the the edges of the wing.
On the second cut, I cut out just the girl (no wings or crown). I used a water brush and Distress Stain to add color to her body and clothes. I added Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges to add some age and definition. I adhered the girl to the first piece that had the wings. This creates the illusion that the wings are behind her body.
On the third cut, I cut the crown and words. I again colored those pieces with Distress Stain and inked the edges with Vintage Photo. Once the pieces were dry, I adhered them on top of the girl. I used Gold Pearl Liquid Pearls to add gold points to her crown.
I die cut a heart from grunge paper to give the girl something to hold in her hand. I added color with Barn Door and Aged Mahogany Distress Stains. After drying the stain, I stamped a sheet music image on the heart with Jet Black Archival Ink and brushed the edges of the heart with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I adhered the heart to the hand and then adhered the whole assembled piece to the front of the tag with adhesive foam squares.
To finish off the tag, I died crinkle ribbon with Antique Linen, Spun Sugar, and Tattered Rose Distress Stains. After drying and crinkling the ribbon, I tapped the surface of the ribbon randomly with my ink blending tool transferring residual brown distress ink from the foam pad to the ribbon.
To adhere the ribbon, I placed a thin line of Super Tape along the bottom and top edges of the diamond pattern. I laid the crinkled ribbon loosely on top of it without smoothing out the wrinkles. I pressed the ribbon into the tape to hold it in place and then sewed a line through it. I love that it has that crinkled and ruched look despite being sewn.