Today I want to share with you a card I made featuring the new Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die. The die is a new design that was shown at CHA Summer and is scheduled to ship in October. I truly love the way this card turned out. It might be my most favorite card I have ever made! I love the dimension the flower has and think that even though it is a poinsettia and would generally be thought of as a holiday design, it is one I will use all year long.
To create my card, I started with a card base made from kraft core cardstock in the cream color. I inked around the edges of the card with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. To embellish the front of the card, I cut a piece of kraft resist paper so that it was slightly smaller than my card front. I colored the kraft resist paper with Barn Door Distress Stain. After drying the stain with a heat tool, I misted it with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist. After drying the mist, I inked the edges and some of the surface of the paper with Vintage Photo Distress Ink with an ink blending tool.
Before adhering the kraft resist paper to my card front, I wrapped it with a piece of dyed crinkle ribbon, tying it off in a bow on the left side of the paper.
After adhering the kraft resist piece to the card front, I added some die cut foliage pieces to the card, slipping them under the ribbon bow. To create the foliage, I die cut manila cardstock with the Festive Garland die. I colored the pieces with Forest Moss and Pine Needles Distress Stains. After drying the stain, I inked the edges of the pieces with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
For the flower, I die cut the flower pieces from manila cardstock. After die cutting, I colored the pieces with Victorian Velvet and Picket Fence Distress Stains. I misted the pieces with water after applying the layers of stain to encourage blending. After drying the pieces, I added Peeled Paint and Bundled Sage Distress Inks to the center of each flower using an ink blending tool. I dried the pieces again and then misted them with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist. I once again dried the pieces and finished up by added Victorian Velvet and Vintage Photo Distress Inks to the edges of the flowers.
Once the layers were all dry, I adhered them together and inserted a green velvet brad through the center of them. I tapped a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the brad to mute the color and help it coordinate better with the rest of the project.
Finally, I adhere the assembled flower to my card over the bow. I slipped a couple of Gem Clips under the edge of the flower clipping them onto the ribbon below.