I absolutely love how this card turned out. LOVE it. It might even be my most favorite card I’ve ever made!
The card features the dragonfly stamp from the new Stampers Anonymous Classic Favorites set No. 1. I absolutely love this stamp!
To create my card, I started with an extra-large #12 kraft tag. I folded it in half so that it became a top fold card. I tore a piece of Tim Holtz District Market Tissue wrap to fit the front of the card. I applied a thin layer of Matte Multi Medium over the front of the card to adhere the tissue paper. While it was wet I ran my fingers over it to press it down well so that when it dried it would look as if the tissue pattern was printed on the card front. Once the medium was dry, I added machine stitching around the edges. I peeled up some of the edges adding some curls and tears for a distressed look. I used an ink blending tool to add Vintage Photo Distress ink to the edges and over some areas of the tissue paper.
Along the bottom edge of the card, I added a Tim Holtz Word Key with Paper String to cover the hole in the tag.
To tie the key to the tag, I looped the paper string through the hole in the tag tying it around a small piece of a wooden skewer.
My stamped design was stamped onto a piece of manila cardstock using Jet Black Archival Ink. I cut the design out close to the edges of the stamped image. I used an ink blending tool to apply Tumbled Glass Distress Ink onto the edges of the manila cardstock piece. I left most of the center the manila color, keeping the blue ink mostly to the edges. I finished off the edges by blending on Vintage Photo Distress Ink, keeping the brown mainly on the edges. I love the look of the blue and brown inks blended together. I adhered the manila piece to my card front.
I stamped the design a second time on manila cardstock and cut it out, cutting close to the stamped design. I used Distress Ink Markers to color the piece. After coloring, I misted the piece with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist. I used a heat tool to dry the mist and then blended Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges of the dragonfly before adhering it to the card matching the dragonfly to the one on the first manila piece. I think by adding a second dragonfly over the first it helps to add a slight bit of dimension and makes the dragonfly stand out more from the background.
I stamped the dragonfly a third time on vellum using Jet Black archival ink. I used a heat to dry the ink well so that I could cut the wings our. I colored the left wing with Distress Ink Markers, duplicating the coloring on the manila cardstock dragonfly. I misted both wings with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist. I again used the heat tool to dry the mist. I used an ink blending tool to apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink to both wings. I again dried the wings with a heat tool. Heating the vellum makes it draw up and crinkle a bit. I like this added texture which helps keep the wings lifted of the card after they are attached to the manila dragonfly.
I think this card just came together so nicely! I love the layers and love the inking. I love how the vellum wings add dimension and movement and a how they add that little something extra special.