Today I have a card I created for CHA to feature new Tim Holtz Sizzix dies. I think it turned out so sweet and would be great for Mother’s Day or a birthday or maybe just because for some one special.
I began by creating a card base from cardstock cut to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ folded in half to create a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card.
I cut a piece of pattern paper (Tim Holtz French Industrial) to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edge of the paper using an ink blending tool. I adhered the paper to the front of the card. I machine stitched around the edge of the paper.
I die cut a Cameo Frame from manila cardstock. I stamped the cameo frame with a woodgrain stamp inked with Walnut Stain Distress Stain. I used an ink blending tool to apply Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, and Vintage Photo Distress Inks onto the frame. After inking, I adhered the frame to the front of the card.
Next I adhered a piece of pattern paper to a scrap piece of white cardstock. I die cut the assembled piece with the large Sized Oval die. After die cutting, I misted the paper with Victorian Velvet Distress Stain. After drying the stain, I used an ink blending tool to apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges of the oval. Next, I adhered a piece of Sticky Back Canvas to a scrap of cotton batting. I die cut the assembled piece with the medium Sized Oval.
I adhered Heat n Bond iron on adhesive to the back of a piece of black wool felt. I die cut the piece using a Mini Silhouette. I ironed the silhouette onto the center front of the canvas oval. I adhered the assembled canvas oval to the center of the larger paper oval. I added machine stitching around the edge of the canvas oval.
I die cut a Tattered Banner and several small flowers from the Floral Garland die from scraps of white cardstock. I colored the flowers with assorted colors of Distress Ink (I used the color already on my foams). I used Antique Linen Distress Stain to add color to the banner. After drying the stain, I added a rub-on phrase to the banner. I inked the edges of both the banner and flowers with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I adhered the banners and flowers to the assembled ovals with brads. I then adhered the assembled oval piece to the front of the card to the center of the cameo frame.
As a final touch, I added a bow made of dyed crinkle ribbon to the front of the card next to the banner and flowers.
This card was really pretty quick to assemble thanks to all the die cut pieces. I think the different materials add a nice variety of textures. I love the vintage feel of it thanks to the cameo styling.
Don't be shy, leave a reply!