Hello everyone! I am back today with another CHA project post to share with you. Today it is another Burlap Panel Halloween project. This project was hard to photograph, but I hope you will get the idea of what it includes.
Before I start, I thought I would share a thought or two based on some comments I got online about a few projects I recently shared. This project uses a ton of product. A lot of my projects do, especially projects for CHA. For trade show projects we pack a lot of products onto samples. I get that it makes the projects really expensive to duplicate. If you love the project enough to duplicate it exactly, I am beyond flattered. If you can pull an idea or two from it, I am just as flattered. Please be inspired but don’t feel like I share to get you to spend lots of money and buy lots of products. I share because I love to create and share what I discover. I hope to give you ideas of ways to use what you have. Maybe you are like me and have tons of stuff in your stash. I hope I inspire you to use it and give you ideas to keep using it! Please don’t ever feel like you can’t get inspiration from a project if you don’t have all the supplies or the money to get them.
Now, back to the project…
For this project, I used a 4″ x 6″ Burlap Panel turned backwards so that I could use the inside as a shadowbox. I lined the inside with copper foil that I stamped with the Tim Holtz Wallpaper stamp using Jet Black Archival Ink. I wanted the inside to kind of glow like it was lit by candles. I don’t know if I achieved that, but I think the copper looked cool. It did make the inside really hard to photograph though.
On the inside, I die cut a new Tim Holtz Mini Wall Clock from manila cardstock. I stamped the die cut with the Woodgrain stamp with Walnut Stain Distress Stain. I used an ink blending tool to apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink the die cut also. I painted a Time Piece with Picket Fence Distress Paint. After adding Game Spinners for clock hands, I layered the clock face with the die cut clock and adhered it to the wall using adhesive foam.
I stamped a skeleton on shrink plastic and cut it out. After shrinking the piece, I broke it apart and put the pieces in put them in a Corked Dome and a Corked Vial. I also added a die cut Cobweb in the background.
Behind the jars I added “art” to the wall clipped out of one of the collage sheets from the Mini Collage Seasonal Paper Stash.
I die cut two Postage Frames from grungeboard with the largest Sized Rectangle inside. I cut the two frames and pieced them together to make one larger frame to match the opening of the Burlap Panel. I painted the assembled frame with Picket Fence Distress Paint. After the paint was dry, I streaked on Walnut Stain Distress Stain. I wiped off the excess stain and dried the piece with a heat tool. Finally, I painted the frame with Distress Clear Crackle Paint to create a weathered looking finish.
I also die cut two windows from manila cardstock using the new Window & Window Boxes die. I pieced the two together to create one larger window. I also painted it like I did the Postage Stamp Frame. I adhered the window to the Burlap Panel over the Postage Stamp Frame. I used adhesive foam squares to adhere the extra window top to the window.
I tore a piece of shrink plastic to fit the upper corner of the window. I sanded the piece to make it look frosty. I stamped a shattered design on the plastic using a stamp from the Ultimate Grunge (CMS075) stamp set.
I die cut two garlands from manila cardstock using the new Holly, Beaded, & Snowflake Garland die. I cut three bows off of the garland and colored them with Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink. I added Black Soot Distress Ink to the edges. I sprayed the second garland with Black Marble Dylusions Ink Spray. After drying the ink, I misted it with Pewter Perfect Pearls Mist to add sparkle.
I assembled two window boxes together using adhesive foam squares. I painted an Observations Wordband with Picket Fence Distress Paint. I rubbed most of the paint off with a dry cloth before drying it. After drying it, I sanded the Wordband lightly to give it some age. I used thin wire to attach the Wordband to the window box.
After attaching the assembled window box to the window, I filled the open space of it with clear glue. I covered the glue with Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Powder to look like dirt.
I die cut several small flowers from manila cardstock using the Tattered Flower Garland die. After misting the flowers lightly with Black Marble Dylusions Spray Ink, I glued two layers together making sure to leave lots of stringy glue strings. I loved the way they looked like cobwebs! I made stems out of thin floral wire. I “planted” the flowers in the dirt in the window box while the glue inside it was still wet.
Finally, I misted a Woodlands wreath with Black Marble Dylusions Spray Ink. I added a simple Paper String bow and lots of glue “cobwebs”.
Wow, that was a ton of detail to share in a small 4″ x 6″ project! I really loved making this project. It reminded me of playing with miniatures years ago when my mom was into dollhouses and miniatures. I keep thinking this window shadowbox idea would be fun to do for each season, especially for Christmas!