Hello everyone! I am finally feeling caught up from being gone. I love getting to go to new places, but the recovery and the catch up always take its toll on me! I am finally getting started on sharing the projects I made for CHA featuring Tim Holtz. This first project is my favorite out of all that I made. It is a decor piece made up of four individual Burlap Panels (New Bare Minis- 4 panels per set, 2 of each size).
I painted each panel with cream-colored acrylic paint. After the paint was dry, I added Picket Fence Distress Paint and Broken China Distress Stain (in a mister). I cut cotton batting and tore Merriment pattern paper to fit the front of each panel. After inking the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink I sewed the paper and batting together and then adhered it to the front of each panel. To keep the four panels together, I cut a piece of mat board to size and adhere the canvases to it.
The center of the canvas features a fabric quilty moon. I die cut the moon (new Tim Holtz Sizzix Crescent Moon & Stars) from cotton muslin, cotton batting, and grunge board. I misted the muslin with Scattered Straw Distress Stain to dye it. After it was dry, I adhered it to cotton batting and die cut it. I machine stitched around the edges. I adhered the stitched piece to a third moon cut from grungeboard. I brushed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink using an ink blending tool.
I adhered the moon with adhesive foam squares. I also embellished the front of the canvas with die cut stars. I die cut them from manila cardstock and misted them with Scattered Straw Distress Stain. After drying the stain, I misted them with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist. After drying the mist I added Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges and adhered them with adhesive foam squares and dimensional glue dots.
I attached some paper string to the top of the moon using mini fasteners. I colored the string with Broken China Distress Ink to make it blue and black. I ran the string through a Pulley Wheel attached to the top of the canvas.
I used a paint brush to apply Picket Fence Distress Paint to the Pulley Wheel. Doesn’t it look fabulous with paint on it? It takes the Distress Paint like a dream! I dabbed the wheel with a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink to give it some age. Around the wheel I layered Sprocket Gears and Mini Gears, larger gears die cut from metal, and a TimePiece with Game Spinner hands. I added Mini Fasteners inside several of the gears. I love that they look like little screws.
I attached the Pulley Wheel to the top of the canvas with strong glue on the back and with a long Game Spinner. I bent the Game Spinner to create a bracket that over the top and back of the canvas. I aged each corner of the canvas has metal Corners with Picket Fence Distress Paint. I created a long belt using grunge paper strips, copper foil tape, and a Buckle. The belt wraps all the way around the canvas.
The paper string hangs down to the side of the canvas, wraps around a Hitch Fastener, and holds a Clock Key.
Nestled into the moon on the front of the canvas is the sentiment, “For You I would Hang the Moon”. I used a Journaling Ticket as the base. I used Chit Chat and Label Letters Stickers, and Alpha Tiles to spell it the sentiment. I love the way they all mix and match together!
There you have it, my favorite sample from the show. I am going to *try* to blog a different project from the show each day for the next few weeks until I have shared them all. Cross your fingers that I can get them all done!