Happy Monday everyone! I have so much to share with you this week! Today I want to start by sharing some simple stamping projects I created yesterday. I spent the day yesterday just stamping and playing and using some things that had sat in my stash unused. Two of the projects, a card and a tag feature stamps from Quietfire Design.
Quietfire Design has been one of my blog sponsors for several months. I had the pleasure of meeting Suzanne Cannon at CHA in January. She is the owner and designer of Quietfire Design stamps. She is a calligrapher and hand letters all the stamps. I am so fascinated by great calligraphy and think it is so fun to use her art in things I create.
The first project I created yesterday with Quietfire stamps was this simple card. I am trying to make some more simple cards that I can have on hand to send out. A lot of my cards end up as samples for the companies I work with so I thought it would be fun to have some on hand that I could tuck into packages and to send out just for fun.
For this card I started with a pre-made kraft card. I added two layers of handmade mulberry paper. (The mulberry paper I used is from Adorn It but I couldn’t find a link to it online. They sell it in their booth at scrapbook expos.) I die cut a large oval from natural colored cardstock and stamped my border image on it. I sewed the oval to the mulberry and card.
I stamped a dragonfly onto vellum. I colored the backside of the image and cut it out. I adhered it with foam squares to raise it up off of the front of the card.
I finished the card with a dyed crinkle ribbon bow and pre-made flowers and leaves. It was quick, simple, and so easy to create but still really pretty! I hope that whoever gets this card will love it!
The second Quietfire project from my stamping day is a pocket tag. This tag is so simple and quick, but I love that it has layers that are interactive.
I began by blending Distress Ink in shades of pink onto a #10 manila tag. I stamped a few small swirls and added Vintage Photo to the edge.
I tore a piece of vellum to fit the front of the tag. I stamped this wonderful alphabet stamp onto it. I sewed the vellum to the front of the tag around the edges to create a pocket.
I stamped a small butterfly on vellum. I colored the back side of the vellum and adhered the butterfly to the front of the tag with a strip of adhesive foam.
I tore a piece of manila cardstock to fit the inside of the pocket.
I misted the cardstock with Dylusions White Linen Spray Ink. When dry, the white ink will act like a resist. I dried the ink with a heat tool and then misted the manila again with Antique Linen Distress Stain placed in a mister bottle. I let the mist soak in and then blotted it with a dry cloth. I heat dried the manila and then inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I added this wonderful scrollwork heart to the center of the manila and accented it with a waterbrush and a Picked Raspberry Distress Marker.
I love the way the heart lines up with the letters and the word love when the insert is in the pocket. When I send this out, I will probably add a sentiment to the backside of the insert so that it is private and doesn’t show through the vellum.
I am all set now with two handmade cards to add to my next prize packages. What great timing since I have a giveaway coming up soon! Keep your eyes out for it in early August!