Happy Tuesday! I am here today with another card to share with you that features NEW Tim Holtz Sizzix dies that were released last month at CHA. I am going to try to finish up sharing the rest of my cards this week so I can get back on my normal schedule. I have tutorials that I want to make and share so I need to get these last cards shared.
The card I am sharing today is one of my favorites! This card features the new Globe die by Tim Holtz. Isn’t the detail amazing? I am always so amazed at what can be created with dies. Can’t you see this globe on the front of a travel album?
The base of this card is a white cardstock base. I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink using an ink blending tool. I cut a burlap Textured Surface piece to fit the front of the card. I pulled a few of the strings so that it would look frayed. The surfaces in the Textured Surfaces set have adhesive on them so I was able to stick it right down on my card front. I added a mini fastener to each corner to “attach” the burlap to the card.
On top of the burlap I added a Pocket Card. I tore the bottom of the Pocket Card so that it fit on the front of my card. I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and added a few curls and tears. I adhered the Pocket Card with adhesive and stitched along the top of the card.
For the globe, I punched out some of the scrap pieces and threw them away. The others I punched out and inked with Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Inks using an ink blending tool. I colored the ground and lines with Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks. I used a large round Framelits die to die cut a piece of vellum. I ran the globe through my Xyron machine and adhered it to the vellum. I then added the blue pieces back in added a drop of glue in the opening first. It was like working a jigsaw puzzle trying to find where the pieces fit back in! I adhered the assembled globe to the card front with adhesive foam tape so that it was lifted up off of the background.
To add the sentiment, I die cut a heart with the Heartfelt die, the Curled Banner die, and the new Handwritten Love die. I inked the banner with Antique Linen Distress Spray Stain and water to add age to the banner. After drying it I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink with an ink blending tool.
I misted the heart with Spun Sugar Distress Spray Stain. After drying the heart I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink using an ink blending tool. I applied a Glue n Seal over the heart and sprinkled it with Spun Sugar Distress Glitter. When glue and glitter was dry I adhered it to the back of the banner. I curled the banner to add ripples and folds. I put a strip of adhesive foam tape on the back of the banner to hold the folds. The banner and heart were then adhered to the front of the globe.
Finally, the Love die cut was inked with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I inked it directly with the pad so that the ink would be very wet and the color very rich. I sprinkled clear embossing powder onto the wet ink. I used a heat tool to melt the embossing powder. I like adding embossing powder to delicate pieces like this because it gives them more body and strength. I ran the die cut through my Xyron and adhered it the front of the banner.
I love the way you can see the background paper through the globe and vellum! It is great to have the pattern showing through in a muted way so that you see it but so it doesn’t compete with the elements in the foreground. I thought about adding Glossy accents to the blue pieces but decided not to. I think it would have drawn too much attention to the “water” and taken away from the sentiment.