I am so excited today to be a part of the Create Joy Blog hop with the crew from Simon Says Stamp! SSS just released a new collection of exclusive Simon Says Stamps products called Create Joy.
The collection includes a fun selection of winter and holiday stamps and dies. I am thrilled to be have been invited to design a set of stamps for the collection. All the bloggers on the hop today are sharing Create Joy inspiration. Be sure to check out the links to the other bloggers and details on a fun prize pack at the end of the tutorial.
The stamp set I create includes a mix of holiday and non-holiday stamps. I will be sharing more projects with the stamps in the coming days. Today I want to share a quick and easy card tutorial featuring the Noel stamp.
Stamp the Noel tree image on smooth white cardstock using Jet Black Archival ink. Use a waterbrush to apply Distress Ink Marker ink to the image. Accent the stars and ornaments with Wink of Stella Brush Markers for a gorgeous shimmer!
Die cut the image using a large label die from the Tim Holtz Labels Thinlet set.
Brush the edge of the die cut with Distress Ink using an ink blending too. I love blue for Christmas so I edged the die cut with Mermaid Lagoon.
If needed, brush the edge again with a brown or grey Distress Ink to tone down the colored Distress Ink. (Color shown: Ground Espresso.)
Skim along the edge of the die cut with a clear Wink of Stella Brush Marker to add shimmer to the edge. If you pick up any Distress Ink on the brush, simply wipe the brush clean on a dry cloth or paper towel.
Draw a line of color along the edge of 1 yard of Crinkle Ribbon.
Mist the ribbon with water. The water will blend the ink through the ribbon and soften the harsh line of ink.
Wring the ribbon in a dry cloth.
Use a heat tool to dry the ribbon.
Cut a piece of pattern paper (Tim Holtz Yuletide Paper Stash) to 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Use an ink blending tool to apply Ground Espresso Distress Ink to the edges.
Tie about 9″ of ribbon around the piece of paper. Leave the ribbon tails as shown.
Bundle the remaining ribbon in loops. (See the Fluffy Bow tutorial for help.)
Lay the bundle of ribbon over the first piece of ribbon. Tie the ribbon tails from the first piece of ribbon around the bundle. Tie the ribbon tails tightly.
Trim the ends of the ribbon as desired. Slide the ribbon and bow over the the left edge.
Adhere the die cut label to the center of the pattern paper piece over the ribbon.
Cut a 4″ x 4″ piece of vellum. Use an ink blending tool to brush the edges of the vellum with Ground Espresso Distress Ink. Adhere the vellum to the back of the pattern paper piece.
Fold a #12 Kraft tag in half to create a top fold card. Use an ink blending tool to ink the edges with Ground Espresso Distress Ink.
Adhere the vellum/pattern paper piece to the front of the tag.
Add machine stitching around the pattern paper layer. Since the bow is already in place, you won’t able to sew all the way around the paper. I hid my starting and stopping points under the bow.
Hang several small vintage buttons on a Loop Pin.
Pin the pin to the center of the bow.
I really love the simplicity of this little card. It has layers like I love but has a sweet simplicity to it.
And how fun is it that the art at the center of it is something I drew? I can’t tell you just how thrilling it is to make art with a stamp of your own art. I can’t thank the team at Simon Says Stamp enough for including my art in this fun new release.
Want to see more inspiration art featuring the new Create Joy collection? Check out the links below of all the other blog hoppers. Oh, and what is a blog hop without some prizes? Leave a comment on this post for a chance to win a fun prize courtesy of my friends at Simon Says Stamp! (Winners will be selected on Monday.)
- Simon Says Stamp Blog http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/create-joy-blog-hop/
- Shari Carroll http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/create-joy-blog-hop/
- Kristina Werner http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/?p=14921
- Jennifer McGuire http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2015/10/two-videos-sss-product-release-close-up-blog-hop-giveaway.html
- Laura Bassen https://laurafadora.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/create-joy-release-blog-hop/
- Debby Hughes http://limedoodledesign.com/2015/10/new-release-blog-hop/
- Nichol Magouirk http://nicholmagouirk.typepad.com/things_that_really_matter/2015/10/simon-says-stamp-create-joy-blog-hop-giveaway.html
- Lucy Abrams http://www.lucys-cards.com/2015/10/simon-sats-stamp-create-joy-blog-hop.html
- Wanda Guess http://www.ablogcalledwanda.com/a-blog-called-wanda/2015/10/simon-says-stamp-create-joy-blog-hop-for-holiday-2015-.html
- Yoonsun Hur http://rejoicingcrafts.com/2015/10/16/sss-create-joy-blog-hop/
- Sarah Moerman http://sarahjmoerman.blogspot.com/2015/10/simon-says-stamp-creat-joy-blog-hop.html
- Yana Smakula http://www.yanasmakula.com/?p=51550
- Kathy Racoosin http://www.thedailymarker.com/2015/10/day-16-video-hop-giveway/
- Heather Hoffman http://housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com/2015/10/simon-says-stamp-create-joy-release-hop.html
- Anna-Karin Evaldsson http://layersofink.blogspot.com/2015/10/sss-create-joy-blog-hop.html
- Tammy Tuttorow http://tammytutterow.com/2015/10/so-very-merry-noel/